Friday, March 28, 2014

Take Me to Rio.

        So I just got back this morning at the god-awful hour of 5am from the ACA trip to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. Let me just say, Wow. If you haven't been to Brasil yet cancel all your plans and go. Just go.  Its worth whatever amount of time in a plane, train, or car you would have to spend to get there. Its gorgeous, the people are so friendly and the food, specifically the fruit is delicious. 
We left on Sunday last week and got to Rio monday at 2am or so. Monday morning/afternoon we took the train up to see the Cristo statue, which is not only impressive but also gives an amazing view of Rio. 
Here is the Cristo!
It was beautiful despite the clouds and mist.
Here is my amazing ACA family

Pretty sure in the distance is the Copacabana beach where we stayed. (PC:Elena)
        We had the rest of monday off so while everyone hit up Copacabana, Callie and I went to bed. We woke up in time to go to the Feria (a street fair of sorts). It was a little difficult to communicate since I don't speak Portuguese...but give me a few years and i will. I LOVE the way brasilian Portuguese sounds, its amazing. I am going to learn, its on my hit list.
       Tuesday we got up and pilled onto the bus to go see the Pão de Açúcar "sugar loaves". It is these two hills which supposedly look like sweet bread on its sides. It was a cool excursion and a great view. 

This is what it looks like from the bottom.

Callie, Alex, Me and Sapphira on the top of  Pão de Açúcar. (PC: Elena)

Me and Elena, my very first friend in Argentina :)
On the top they had a wall everyone signed, of course i had to sign it too!

Now my name is forever in Rio!!!

        Wednesday was a free day, which meant of course BEACH DAY!! One of the very best things about the beaches in Rio is that lining the beach is a walkway with a juice stands nearly every 15 feet. You walk up and order and watch them cut up whatever fruit you ordered (Maracuya of course) put it in a blender with some ice and water...Tah-dah! Juice. Best thing ever. Thats pretty much what i had for lunch and dinner everyday. The beaches themselves are amazing too, cream white sand that feels like powdered sugar on the feet and super salyt warm water. Simply amazing..... Except when you don't wear sunscreen and you end up looking (and feeling) a little deep fried....that would be me and Callie and Elena. Yeah....So the beach day was fun while it lasted...that burn is still lasting.
(left to right) Vicki, Lauren, Sapphira and me walking Copacabana. 
Brasil is Heaven...they even had tie-dye beach dresses :D
My beach buddies: Elena, Callie, Me, Sapphira and Lauren. 
This guy is the greatest. They walk the beach selling bikinis on umbrellas. Pretty awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! You have instilled in me a desire to visit and drink fresh fruit juice on the powdered sugar beach!

    ReplyDelete