Monday, March 31, 2014

Just Vaunting A Bit

       So two things i wanted to share, which are completely non related. My brother Ross is super boss....and My internship is pretty cool too. So first things first. I was talking to Elena today about family and all that fun stuff and i was bragging about my brother Ross. Now, if you haven't met him you really ought to; he is awesome. Not only is he fun, caring, hilarious, and an all around good guy, he is pretty much the reason i made it through pre-calculus my freshman year of college. If i had math questions Ross would drop whatever he was doing and skype me until i all my questions were answered. He actually wrote out the equations step by step and explained it to me so i not only got the right answer, i knew how to do it again later. Did your brother do that for you? Also....he is really fun to talk to and several of my friends say hes really cute, so i'm feeling kinda proud to be his little sister. In case you read this Ross, thank you. :)
   
        So my internship!! I think...I hope i mentioned at some point that i was doing an internship at the elementary school this term. For the first two weeks they shuffled me around grade to grade. I sat in/helped out with the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6th grade (apparently elementary and middle school go together in argentina). But i finally settled in 3rd. My friend Amairis and I go every week for 7.5 hours. We  make posters and prep for class, we also help with activities in class and sometimes facilitate math games. I can now explain simple math in spanish, yes i am very proud. The kids are fascinated but us, mostly me because i actually look foreign. So i always end up with a small crowd around my chair...they just hover and watch me do whatever it is that i am doing. Sometimes they just watch and sometimes the ask me questions. Unfortunately half of them speak quickly and mumble simultaneously so i have absolutely no idea what they are saying. They are pretty adorable, even if half the time they are screaming or staring at me...never been one to like the staring. But we bumble along with my limited spanish and their butchered slang spanish. Its all a bit of a process, but its fun and keeps me busy so im happy.

Oh Vaunt means to exhibit or boast/brag/flaunt, in case you were not already informed. I like it. Its a good word.

1 comment: